Friday, July 15, 2011

Baked Alaska Birthday

I wanted to surprise Colin.  When we took our Akaska cruise last summer, the one absolute standout dessert was the Baked Alaska.  So, I went for it for this special boy's birthday.  It was waaayyy easier than I thought it would be to make - you should all try it!  In the picture, above, the cake had been sitting out for a few minutes while I was getting pictures and was melting.  I recommend using a rimmed serving plate for containment.

I used a chocolate cake recipe - you could even use a mix.  I used chocolate chip cookie dough and vanilla ice creams.  His friends were amazed - everyone asked for 2nds.  One dad called me up a few days later, saying that he was asking his son what he wanted for dessert and listing impossible items for fun - such as Baked Alaska!  His son said he'd love some as he just had it at Colin's birthday.  So, get out your bowls, ladies.  You shouldn't miss this one.

No comments: