Thursday, July 14, 2011

Black Bean Soup


My oldest boy came home from camp one day this week saying he was sick.  His favorite soup when he's not feeling well is Campbell's chicken noodle.  Luckily I had a big can, so he had some for snack and then I planned on giving him some for dinner.  For myself, I just couldn't swallow (hee hee) the idea of CCN, so I thought I would make some black bean soup.  One of MOTH's most favorites.  I serve it with toppings in ramekins so that everyone can add in what they want (tomatoes, onions, cilantro, cheese, avocado, sour cream, etc.).  Since the temperature outside was pretty mild (mid 70's, today) the soup was pure comfort. 

I also made popovers.  They come out so huge and impressive (even bigger than the picture, below), and there was not a single one left. 


All in all, a lovely meal for a mild summer evening (and even more perfect for the winter.  I just couldn't wait that long.) 

No comments: